Pendennis Shipyard in Falmouth operates in the 30m-100m superyacht custom build and refit market. Meeting the specific needs of each of each client and delivering a world-class service is of upmost importance.
Pendennis’ full-service facility is capable of building yachts of up to 100m, as well as undertaking substantial restoration and remodeling projects, or routine class/flag refit works. To date the company has built over 30 bespoke luxury yachts and conducted refit works on a further 250 vessels. The Falmouth base is supported by a refit workshop in Palma, and a yacht support centre in Auckland, offering clients a global support network during the life of their superyacht.
The company boasts 400 highly skilled tradespeople and support staff, building on Pendennis’ 29-years of experience. In-house experts, from CAD teams to exterior outfitters, joiners, electricians, engineers, fabricators and specialist painters, ensure maximum control and accountability at every stage of the project. The quality of work stands the test of time, with yachts such as Adix and Adela returning year after year.
Pendennis has recently invested over £22million in rebuilding and expanding the shipyard. This redevelopment programme, completed in 2015, saw the yard enhanced with three purpose-built construction halls (the largest of which is 90m) and a 7,564m² enclosed non-tidal wet basin, designed to provide direct deep water seaward access to the yard for haul-out, and facilitating short refit works for yachts of up to 100m. An additional flexible 150m undercover dry dock provides project space for larger yacht refit programmes, with the complete facility supported by purpose-built modern workshops and offices.
These impressive state-of-the-art facilities provide an appropriate base to accommodate the high level of customer service, skills and project quality that Pendennis is renowned for, combining to create a truly memorable, personal and professional refit or custom-build experience.
Superyacht products and services
- Yacht Builders & Refit Yards
- Pendennis release further project details on newly extended 74.5m MY LADY E refit - In response to boat show postponements, the luxury yacht builder formalised a programme of Oyster Private Views in 2020, where they were able to manage the health and well-being of staff and… ...read more
- Pendennis apprentices volunteer for local community - In support of National Apprenticeship Week (NAW), from the 3-7 February, apprentices from Pendennis Shipyard volunteered their time and skills in the local community ...read more
- Pendennis donates over £15,000 to good causes - Falmouth based superyacht specialist Pendennis Shipyard was able to donate over £15,000 to local charities and community projects over the course of 2019, through a variety of company fundraising initiatives. ...read more
- 69m Lady E arrives at Pendennis for major refit - At the end of last month the 69m MY Lady E arrived into Pendennis Falmouth for an intensive winter refit programme that will see her leave at the end of… ...read more
- MY Marala arrives at Pendennis for major restoration - Early August welcomed the 59m MY Marala (ex Gaviota, Zapala, Evadne, No 388) to UK superyacht specialist Pendennis. MY Marala will spend the next 18 months at Pendennis’ 14-acre Falmouth facility undergoing a painstaking… ...read more
- Pendennis releases further details on Vilanova investment - This week UK superyacht specialist Pendennis released further details on their investment into the 48 berth marina and associated land in Vilanova I la Geltrú, Barcelona. Since officially announcing their… ...read more
- Triple win for Pendennis at the World Superyacht Awards - Falmouth based superyacht specialist Pendennis announced that they had won three categories at the prestigious World Superyacht Awards in London at the weekend. Pendennis collected the three awards for Vijonara(sailing… ...read more
- Pendennis apprentices support local community - To coincide with National Apprenticeship Week, Falmouth based superyacht yard, Pendennis, sent several teams of apprentices out into the community to support local good causes. Dubbed 'Pendennis Community Week' the… ...read more
- Pendennis announces the signing of second Hoek Truly Classic - Pendennis announced this week the signing of their second custom Hoek Truly Classic 128ft sailing yacht. The signing represents the fourth new build in this Truly Classic series direct from… ...read more
- 62 Pendennis Apprentices support the Cornish community - As part of National Apprenticeship Week (NAW), apprentices from Pendennis Shipyard volunteered at local schools, charities and community projects who often struggle to find the funds or manpower to maintain… ...read more