Pendennis Shipyard in Falmouth operates in the 30m-100m superyacht custom build and refit market. Meeting the specific needs of each of each client and delivering a world-class service is of upmost importance.
Pendennis’ full-service facility is capable of building yachts of up to 100m, as well as undertaking substantial restoration and remodeling projects, or routine class/flag refit works. To date the company has built over 30 bespoke luxury yachts and conducted refit works on a further 250 vessels. The Falmouth base is supported by a refit workshop in Palma, and a yacht support centre in Auckland, offering clients a global support network during the life of their superyacht.
The company boasts 400 highly skilled tradespeople and support staff, building on Pendennis’ 29-years of experience. In-house experts, from CAD teams to exterior outfitters, joiners, electricians, engineers, fabricators and specialist painters, ensure maximum control and accountability at every stage of the project. The quality of work stands the test of time, with yachts such as Adix and Adela returning year after year.
Pendennis has recently invested over £22million in rebuilding and expanding the shipyard. This redevelopment programme, completed in 2015, saw the yard enhanced with three purpose-built construction halls (the largest of which is 90m) and a 7,564m² enclosed non-tidal wet basin, designed to provide direct deep water seaward access to the yard for haul-out, and facilitating short refit works for yachts of up to 100m. An additional flexible 150m undercover dry dock provides project space for larger yacht refit programmes, with the complete facility supported by purpose-built modern workshops and offices.
These impressive state-of-the-art facilities provide an appropriate base to accommodate the high level of customer service, skills and project quality that Pendennis is renowned for, combining to create a truly memorable, personal and professional refit or custom-build experience.
Superyacht products and services
- Yacht Builders & Refit Yards
- Pendennis releases further details on Vilanova investment - This week UK superyacht specialist Pendennis released further details on their investment into the 48 berth marina and associated land in Vilanova I la Geltrú, Barcelona. Since officially announcing their… ...read more
- Triple win for Pendennis at the World Superyacht Awards - Falmouth based superyacht specialist Pendennis announced that they had won three categories at the prestigious World Superyacht Awards in London at the weekend. Pendennis collected the three awards for Vijonara(sailing… ...read more
- Pendennis apprentices support local community - To coincide with National Apprenticeship Week, Falmouth based superyacht yard, Pendennis, sent several teams of apprentices out into the community to support local good causes. Dubbed 'Pendennis Community Week' the… ...read more
- Pendennis announces the signing of second Hoek Truly Classic - Pendennis announced this week the signing of their second custom Hoek Truly Classic 128ft sailing yacht. The signing represents the fourth new build in this Truly Classic series direct from… ...read more
- 62 Pendennis Apprentices support the Cornish community - As part of National Apprenticeship Week (NAW), apprentices from Pendennis Shipyard volunteered at local schools, charities and community projects who often struggle to find the funds or manpower to maintain… ...read more
- Young designer scoops top prize with philanthropic superyacht design - Philanthropic design proved the key to success at this year’s annual Superyacht UK Young Designer Competition 2018, in partnership with Pendennis Shipyard and Olesinski, as Christopher Mobley, a transport design… ...read more
- Pendennis Apprentice of the Year Awards - At the end of 2017 Pendennis Shipyard hosted an Apprenticeship Awards Ceremony to celebrate the achievements of its current trainees. Certificates were handed out to 32 apprentices, which included vocational… ...read more
- Superyacht UK member wins National Apprenticeship Award - Superyacht firm and college triumph at national awards Pendennis shipyard praised for its apprenticeship programme Delivered in partnership with The Cornwall College Group Gala awards ceremony held at Grosvenor Hotel… ...read more
- Winner of the Superyacht UK Young Designer Competition on Placement at Pendennis Shipyard - Following his win at the Superyacht UK (SYUK) Young Designer Competition in January at the London Boat Show 2016, Dastinas Steponenas has now joined the team at Pendennis Shipyard to… ...read more
- Pendennis Expands Facilities & Workforce - It's been over two years since Pendennis Shipyard began the major development of its Falmouth-based yard. During this time Pendennis has seen the previous shore side facility almost completely rebuilt,… ...read more