VHR CEO Danny Brooks Wins Institute of Directors Awards
VHR are delighted to announce that our CEO Danny Brooks has been named Global Director of the Year in the Institute of Directors Awards 2018.
The expert judging panel presented the overall winners at the IoD awards ceremony on Thursday 14th June 2018 at 116 Pall Mall, the home of the Institute of Directors. The BBC’s Claudia Winkleman, best known for presenting Strictly Come Dancing, presented the winners with their trophies alongside Roger Tilling, the voice of University Challenge.
Earlier this year Danny was named Director of the Year – London & South by the IoD in recognition of VHR’s phenomenal growth in the past three years and continued success in the recruitment industry since 2003. This latest achievement saw Danny selected out of all the IoD Finalists from across the UK to be named Global Director of the Year 2018.
The IoD Director of the Year Awards winners were chosen from the hundreds of Directors that entered or were nominated across nine different categories. Danny joins a winners’ list of exceptional business leaders including:
- Dr Andy Palmer, President and CEO, Aston Martin Lagonda
- Dr Julian Skyrme, Director of Social Responsibility, The University of Manchester
- Toby McCartney, CEO, MacRebur Sustainable Plastics Manufacturing
- Tamara Sakovska, Non-Executive Director, JP Morgan Russian Securities
- Naveen Ahmed, Managing Director, The Parklane Group Property and Leisure
Danny’s win as Global Director of the Year follows his new title as Entrepreneur of the Year won at the Southwark Business Awards in May 2018, and VHR’s awards success in 2018 so far, including:
- Queen’s Award – Winner of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2018
- Best Business Awards – Named Best Small to Medium-Sized Business
- Southwark Business Excellence Awards – Best Employer
- Recruiter Awards – Shortlisted for Best International Recruitment Company
Danny is delighted to have been named the Global Director of the Year at the Institute of Directors Awards and looks forward to the next year of success for VHR’s award-winning global recruitment company.
Find out more about VHR’s award-winning technical and engineering recruitment services.