British Marine has launched a new course to add to its extensive training portfolio in response to member feedback.
The two-day course, developed by Superyacht UK, will cover an Introduction to the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) and Regulatory Framework and the Role of Class and Flag on day one. Day two will focus on the Application of the Regulatory Framework.
The course syllabus will include:
Day one – Introduction to the IMO & Regulatory Framework and the Role of Class and Flag
- Introduction to the IMO
- Understanding IMO Documents
- Regulatory Framework Overview
- Conventions/Yacht Codes, ISM/ISPS, MLC, ISO Standards
- How regulations are developed and come into effect
- The Relationship between Flag State & Classification Society
- Private v Commercial Registration Implications
Day two – Application of the regulatory framework
- Yacht Certification Regime
- Survey Cycles/Class & Flag Roles
- Audits/Survey/Inspection Schedules
- The Red Ensign Group Yacht Code
- What 2019 changes really matter?
- The latest conventions & updates
- Operational considerations in design
- Flexibility in the Regulations
- Designing Around the Regulations (Interpretations/Equivalences/AD&A/ Exemptions)
- Operational dispensations
Delegates can attend the two-day course or either days, depending on their knowledge and experience. The first opportunity to take it will be in early October and the cost will be £650 ex VAT, or £350 ex VAT for a single day.
The course will be delivered by the Technical Services department of Superyacht UK member company, Döhle Yachts, on behalf of British Marine.
If you are interested in attending this training or have any further questions, contact the Training team on Training@britishmarine.co.uk.