SeaSystems has scheduled a second series of its course, Electrical control systems for superyacht engineers and ETOs, to be run in the Med this winter.
This new course, first delivered November 2018, has been designed and written over the last four years by SeaSystems (UK) Ltd. and will be presented by controls industry veteran, Andy Ridyard CEng FIET
The full four day course comprises 12 modules,
with practical sessions each afternoon :-
Day 1 – fundamental level
- BAS – Units and symbols for electricity. Basic electrical circuits. Current flow.
- FLT – Basic faultfinding toolkit for modern electrical & electronic systems
- OHM – Sherlock Ohms; understanding and applying basic electrical measurements. With hands on custom practical (Didactic 01)
Day 2 – intermediate level
- BAT – Batteries, chargers and inverters. Hybrid options
- DCS – Distributed controls on board, with introduction to PLCs
- GEN-A – Shore power; an introduction to single phase and three phase systems. With practical measurements.
Day 3 – proficient level
- HYD – Hydraulic controls for large sailing vessels
- DRV – Drives primer: Variable frequency drives vs. soft starters
- GEN-B – Generator controls and power management systems, with practical video training.
Day 4 – advanced level
- SEN – A primer on measurement methods and sensor interfacing
- AMS – Monitoring, control and alarm systems
- PLC – Programmable Logic Controllers – purpose and functions on board. With guided practical (Didactic 02)
Contact us for more details and course dates for Autumn, Winter and early Spring in Palma and France 2019/20, in collaboration with internationally recognized partners.
Numbers are limited, so early booking is recommended
Upcoming course dates
- Antibes, Cotes d’Azur: November Tues-19 to Fri-22
- Palma: December Tue-3 to Fri-6
- Antibes: February Tues-11 to Fri-14
more dates to be added as interest requires